It is known also under the name Friedenburg, but also Frimburk. It was founded ca in the beginning of the 14th century probably by the Lords of Lipá. The castle is surrounded by the River Olešenka and lies next to Nový Hrádek.
It has a big round tower, partly collapsed. It used to have ca ten meters high ramparts. A water basin is carved in the rock in a small courtyard. The castle consisted of the pre-castle area and the castle complex itself. There were several rooms in it. There remained a broken Gothic portal with a groove for portcullis.
The castle is for the first time mentioned in the year 1354, when it was allegedly in property of not closely known Matyáš of Frymburk. The castle as well as surrounding manors at Nový Hrádek were taken over by Hynek of Dubá and in Náchod (in 1368), but there also appears name of Jinřich of Lipá and Jan of Lichtenberk. In the beginning of the 15th century the manor belonged to Dobruška.
Due to this fact its importance decreased. In the course of the Thirty Year’s War the castle was conquered by peasant rebels and some time later it was burnt by Swedish together with Nový Hrádek. It has never been renewed. Nowadays it is in property of Josef Bartoň – Dobenín. On one hand its ruins are impressive, however also dangerous, and therefore not available for public.
GPS: 50° 21′ 26.507″N 16° 14′ 11.123″E