The Marian Column, in other works also the Column of Virgin Mary, is a baroque monument. It was built in the year 1696 at the expenses of the town as expression of gratitude that the plague epidemic had missed the town. It happened 15 years after the plague epidemic and these fifteen years are evidence that the town had big financial problems at that time.
GPS: 50° 20′ 38.814″N 16° 9′ 5.295″E
display on map
small sacred buildings, crosses
Nové Město nad Metují